I don’t even believe in New Year’s (seems rather arbitrary, doesn’t anyone else feel this way?), besides the fact that I am hesitant to post informally on this blog, but watching other people do New Year’s posts just looks so attractive. They’re so pretty, even if I believe they’re pointless. I guess they do store up memories, sort of.
Quickly first–last year I resolved to become ambidextrous and write more. I definitely wrote more, and left handed writing is quite comfortable for me now, even if it’s still ugly looking. In general, though, I will keep working on my left hand.
This year, I have three resolutions:
- Rely on myself less and on God more
- Love everybody as much as I can
- (as a specificity of #2) Hold the door and don’t let go until everyone has passed through
In 2015, I:
- Started this blog and got excited about writing (Jan)
- Put on a musical sort of, in the cave (Mar)
- Took 4th place in MC State for the 2nd consecutive year (Mar)
- Sang in a choir (Apr, Nov-Dec)
- Attended my third and final National SO (May)
- Traveled without my parents for the first time, to LA, and flew on a plane back solo (not specifically under any adults) (Jun) (random: said solo flight had the Rhodes twins on it)
- Went back to Adventure camp (Jul)
- Did Shakespeare for real for the first time (Aug)
- Crazy XC thing (Aug)
- Went to…public school. *hangs head* (Sept)
- Left my orchestra of seven years (Sept)
- Saw Newsies on tour (Nov)
- Quit cello lessons (Dec)
- Saw Matilda on tour (Dec)
- Knit a ton (Sept-Dec)
- Went to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas (including David Copperfield) for the first time (Dec)
- Generally wrote a lot, including working on three books, finishing one of those, and a ton of random essays and poems
If I wrote a list of people’s names this year, it would be awfully long and I would miss people. So instead let me generalize:
- Thanks to my family for loving me, putting up with me, being patient with me, and supporting me in general.
- Thanks to my homeschool fam–I know how disrespected I must seem now since I looked on other deserters like that, but I still love the entire community as much as before. Thanks for my childhood.
- Thanks to everyone at my new school for exceeding expectations and making it easy to transition. I cannot express how much my heart is with every one of my new acquaintances there.
- VS, for continuing to be there
- RC, for talking to me
Neither are these bullet points equivalent in weight but I figured I might mention the last two.
On this blog: I am sad about the extremely dotty content, but I find I feel more satisfied with posting well when I feel motivated than forcing it out from somewhere that is not my heart. So the activity here will likely continue as before, but I have no wishes to abandon.
2016, I guess? Again, I don’t really believe in New Year’s.